Tuesday, April 7, 2009

more signs of spring

Ever get up in the morning and feel like you've been swimming all night in a vat of this stuff?


The last few days, as the temperature has crept up and awakened the trees from their long winter's nap to bloom like there's no tomorrow,  I've been stumbling out of bed, barely able to breathe without first dislodging vast quantities of green goo from my nose and lungs. 


Poor Dave's been lying awake at night listening to me snore even with these things on.

 Sometimes I even wake myself up. The funny thing is, this allergy problem has kinda crept up on me. I don't remember ever having allergies before moving to Oregon almost 20 years ago, and they've only recently become noticeable. Last spring I brought in a bouquet of Daphne blossoms from the front yard, and after sneezing about 100 times in less than an hour, realized that maybe those sweetly scented flowers were the cause. This spring I'm so congested I can't even smell the damn thing. 


If things keep escalating like they have been, I'm gonna consider joining Costco again so I can buy Kleenex in bulk.
Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to blow go.

1 comment:

mo.stoneskin said...

I fully expect to now have nightmares about that green goo!