Monday, August 31, 2009

the flip side

I know my last post was sunny and thankful and optimistic, so now that the other shoe has dropped I'm feeling a little discombobulated. Not much sleep for the past few days, and what sleep I did get was marked by disturbing and nightmarish dreams. Worries about loved ones, both human and animal, are in the spotlight at the moment, and that's where my focus is...well...focused.

When times get tough, I find it hard to shut down for routine maintenance, like sleep, for instance. So I sit up late at night and early in the morning, trying to make sense of it all, and fight the tendency to give myself over to needless worry and worst-case scenarios.

I just wish fervently that I could heal all the wounds with a soothing, golden light...and who's to say it can't happen? Sending it out to all of you. You know who you are.

No comments: