Thursday, January 10, 2013

tea?

For about a week, I've been under the weather with a nasty little head cold accompanied by a nagging cough. My self-prescribed treatment plan has included plenty of rest, steaming my head, sleeping semi-upright  with a lavender heat pack on my chest, cough syrup, and gallons and gallons of hot liquids.

I've had hot and sour soup, miso soup, ramen, red zinger tea, lemon zinger tea, ginger tea with honey and lemon, black tea, green tea, red tea and chamomile tea. And you know what? 
The tea that really hits the spot is very traditional, a tea your grandmother probably drank: Earl Grey. It's basically a black tea infused with oil of bergamot, derived from a type of very aromatic citrus fruit something like a cross between an orange and a lemon. The flavor is very floral, almost like lavender, and very soothing with honey and a bit of milk.

It's also the tea of choice for the captain of the Starship Enterprise, Jean Luc Picard...and the Captain knows best.

I'm feeling better already.

No comments: