Monday, August 18, 2008

wag the dog

Is it just me, or does the whole nasty situation in Georgia look vaguely familiar?
Here's a photo borrowed from the front page of today's New York Times.

And by look, I mean it literally looks like something I've seen recently:



And no, you didn't miss anything. There hasn't been a serious uprising in Albania since the mid 1990s, although the state of their democracy remains fragile. This photo is from a movie made in 1997 called Wag the Dog. Rent it. It'll send chills down your spine, and make you question your perception of reality (If you haven't already!). Especially now. It also stars Dustin Hoffman and Robert DeNiro. And the poor Albanian refugee girl? Kirsten Dunst.

Reality or Hollywood? Who can tell?

1 comment:

Magpie said...

I KNOW! I think Putin and Shrub engineered the whole thing.