Sunday, June 29, 2008

early summer sunday


It's early summer, a sunday morning. I'm up just after dawn to open the house to the cool breezes, the chickadees rasping in time to the woodpecker pounding away at a telephone pole down the street. I'm glad it's not outside my wide open bedroom window, but I'm up anyway, enjoying the lack of human sounds-I can't even hear the faint hum of the freeway, nearly always present.
The neighborhood slumbers on, leaving me with my newspaper and coffee, enjoying the quiet and the breeze.

I do love summer!

2 comments:

foolery said...

Some day I want to live in a place with no screens on the windows.

cactus petunia said...

We should have screens on the windows, but we took them off when we painted the house (5 years ago) and never got around to putting 'em back on...