Tuesday, June 24, 2008


It's been a very busy couple of weeks around here, and nearly every waking hour of my life has been filled with organizing, designing, working, shopping and planning for the summer sale in the studio here at Camp Cactus, or one of the five other projects I have in progress at the moment.

One of the issues faced by self employed artists (and maybe in other professions as well) is the necessity of looking for work. Unless you're incredibly famous and well established, (hey, I'm workin' on it!) the self employed artist is always on the lookout for the next job. In my case, the next job could be anything from photo styling to color consultation, or house staging, or graphic design, or illustration, or calligraphy, or teaching at summer camp. Sometimes, (like this month, for instance) it's all of the above. All at the same time. Gaahhhh! More on the ups and downs of self-employment at a later date.


So, last week I posted a couple of pictures of the studio at its most chaotic...and promised I'd put up a couple of "after" shots to show how cute it looks when I'm not actually working on a deadline.

before

after

before

after

It cleans up real well, huh? I'll be posting about the Summer Sale here tomorrow. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

foolery said...

Wow, Miss Petunia -- I want to sit in that light forever. Your studio is a slice of heaven. Man, I need a place like that. Only it'll have to be cold. I can't figure that part out.