Sunday, December 7, 2008

The holidays don't officially start for me until I've viewed the first Christmas movie of the season. In years past, it's been "A Christmas Story", or "Miracle on 34th Street"or "It's a Wonderful Life". This year I kicked it off by catching the classic, "White Christmas" the other night. I love Danny Kaye, Bing Crosby, Vera Ellen and of course, George Clooney's Aunt Rosemary. The singing! The dancing! The corny plot and sappy, snappy Irving Berlin tunes! It just doesn't get much better than that.


The thing in this movie I marvel about every year though, is the uncanny resemblance of actress Vera Ellen to one of the most popular icons of American childhood.


Who does she remind you of?


Stay tuned for a scholarly comparison of "It's A Wonderful Life", and "A Christmas Carol"...but in the meantime, here's a tune you'll be singing for days:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that is my favoritest christmas movie. Mom and I have a sing alog every christmas season to white christmas!